How do I know if I should see a therapist?
The range of problems we help people with can be found on our Therapists Page. While therapy is only one of many possible approaches to solving problems, there are particular circumstances in which it can be very helpful.
If you find yourself saying:
- "I feel stuck. I thought I'd worked things out years ago,
but lately I can't seem to stop thinking about..."
- "My husband (wife, child, partner) and I are fighting, and it's getting worse."
- "I'm under a lot of stress, and what I'm doing to cope (drinking, shopping, taking dangerous risks, shutting down, arguing with my loved ones or boss) is not helping."
- "There's no one in my life who can hear me out and respond objectively."
- "I feel overwhelmed and tense, and don't know how to even start to dig out."
Then maybe you should consider therapy.