What forms of payment do you accept? What about insurance?
I accept checks and cash. While I don't accept direct payment from most insurance companies, I can provide a monthly statement for you to submit to your insurance company. Click here (taupe and linkable) for a helpful guide to the questions you should ask your insurance company to help determine your coverage.
Using insurance to help cover the cost of therapy...
Here are some suggested questions you may want to ask your insurance company about your coverage. There is usually a 1-800 number on the back of your insurance card. It may be helpful to fill out this page as you speak with the insurance company.
- Date of call to insurance company:
- Insurance company phone number:
- Write down any "prompts" that you press:
- Name of person you spoke with:
Say: "I would like to verify my insurance coverage for outpatient mental health services with an out of network provider."
- What is my deductible?
- What is my deductible period? Is it a calendar year?
- What percentage will you pay for each session?
- Is this percentage based on the actual billed amount?
- Is there a maximum number of sessions per calendar year?
- Do the sessions need to be preapproved or certified for payment?
- If yes, how often do they need to be preapproved?
- What is the procedure for preapproval?
- What is the address to mail claims for payment?
- Is couples therapy covered (if applicable)?
- Are any diagnoses excluded? Which ones?
- How long does it take to get reimbursed?